Coconut oil has many great benefits for our health. I have learned that there are more than 50 benefits of coconut oil ranging from skin care to home remedies. I decided to write my favorite benefits of coconut oil.
- Massage Oil –Massage oil! I am going to have to try this one. I have been wanting a more natural massage oil and here it is. Coconut oil has the natural benefit of soothing tired and sore muscles. Add a few drops of essential oils for more effect. I am going to use lavender oil, my favorite scent.
- Moisturizer – Coconut oil is an excellent way to soften and hydrate dry, rough, or damaged skin. I do this every time I make my favorite double chocolate cookies. I moisturize my face with coconut oil. It is so soothing and relaxing. I even notice less wrinkles after using this super moisturizer.
- Cradle Cap – Coconut oil is gentle and safe for infants and helps ease the itching, pain, redness, and flaking associated with cradle cap. I just used this on my baby recently due to cradle cap. It worked great! Coconut oil also conditions hair and leaves a silky shine. Double benefit!
- Chicken Pox – Ease the itch and encourage healing with dabs of coconut oil. It also works on poison ivy, poison oak, mosquito bites, and other insect stings or bites. This was interesting to me. I recently had almost 24 mosquito bites at the same time. It was awful. Next time I am going to use coconut oil to stop itching.
- Eye Cream – Reduce puffiness and dark circles with a few dabs of coconut oil. I don’t know about you but I hate the puffiness and dark circles that sometimes appear under my eyes. I have an eye cream but this is way more natural. Next time I am going to use coconut oil.
- Cooking – Coconut oil doesn’t form harmful by-products when heated like most other oils and animal fats. Use it to replace butter, cup for cup in recipes. Sauté, cook, bake, broil, braise, and more using coconut oil as a healthier alternative. I love cooking and baking with coconut oil.
I hope you enjoyed my favorite uses of coconut oil. However, these are just a few of the many benefits of coconut oil. I’d love to hear your favorites in the comments below. :O)