I grew up with the traditional Alfredo Sauce and it was one of my favorite meals. When I found out I had a sensitivity to dairy (especially cream) I was disappointed I couldn’t indulge in this delicious dinner. I decided to come up with a healthier version. I am able to have cheese though which is why I added it in this recipe. The nutritional yeast is great because it contains B vitamins which boosts the health content of this dish. Cashews are great for your overall health as well. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup bone broth (or other broth)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4-1/2 jalapeno (as desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of turmeric
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Handful of fresh basil (optional)
1. Soak cashews a few hours or up to overnight. Put soaked cashews and broth in blender and mix well.
2. Add garlic, jalapeño, nutritional yeast, and optional basil in blender and mix well.
3. Pour mixture into sauce pan and heat on low temperature, stirring often.
4. Add seasonings and cheese, if desired.
5. Stir well until thickened to your desired consistency.
6. Pour over pasta. Enjoy!