I am from California and I really miss Mexican food! Salsa is one that have not been able to find the same on the East Coast. I’ve tried making several recipes but it wasn’t the best. I can now say that I have found the BEST salsa recipe. I hope you like it too! Try this delicious salsa recipe! Enjoy!
Best Homemade Salsa
14 roma tomotoes
2 yellow onions
8 garlic cloves
1 bunch cilantro
salt & pepper to taste (be generous)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the tomatoes long ways, cut onions in quarters, jalapeños seeded and cut long ways and whole garlic cloves.
3. Place veggies directly on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place into a pre-heated oven for about 1 hour. Garlic may be ready before that. It will brown on edges but if the garlic is too brown take it out.
4. Chop up cilantro and remove most of the stems.
5. When veggies are cool place as much as you can in a food processor with cilantro and seasons. I did this in a few batches and then mixed it in a bowl afterwards.
6. Enjoy with tortilla chips! Lasts about a week if you don’t eat it before hand.